Wednesday, May 4, 2011

1st Round of Debates

The Debates went great at least for the first true debate we have done. There are definitly things we could improve but overall they were well written, well preformed, and well researched.
My performance was okay. I knew my information and could back up my agruments with facts, but I was really nervous and could feel my heart beating really fast.
My strongest part was my constructive.  I feel like I had a well written opening that introduced the topic and all our agruments. My weakest part was my strength and emotion that I needed to put into my words to convince the audience.
If I would change something, it would have been my topic becuase I didn't really feel passionate about the topic and also the way I didn't really project while talking.
For the next round I'm defintely focusing more on preparing myself to speak in public and not get nervous.  Plus I need to add emotion into my voice and project it also.
Under the performance box, I would add posture and fidgeting because I didn't know where to take off for that this time.
Resolved: capitalism is the most just economic system.
Resolved: human genetic engineering is morally justified.

If you want to know the questions to which I formed my answers go to Ms. Mystrena's Blog on my bloglist and  read the blog entitled  G&T 1 Debates: Round 1 Reflection.
Each new color is a different color. I thought it might help you out.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment